Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Faith and Struggles

During worship Sunday morning I felt a stirring in my soul. Also like the winds as they start to pick up along the beach as a big storm is rolling in. It was almost that same anticipation. Not knowing exactly what was coming, but knowing it was a storm rolling in.

I felt as though a storm was starting to roll around and brew within. Nothing "big" has really happened, or maybe wrong is the word. Things have seemed relatively smooth. Maybe a bad day at work, or getting a little over upset about something, but really no big drama. And as I've looked around at so many friends, I've seen their struggles, and in the back of my mind I know things can't always go good, and if they appear that way something is probably not right. Complacency isn't always bad, but it is not always great either.

As I sat to listen to the message, things seem to click a little more. I'm not really sure if God was speaking extra loud Sunday morning or if my ears were tuned in a bit better. The scripture for the message was found in Proverbs 3:1-6 (Amplified)

MY SON, forget not my law or teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments;  For length of days and years of a life [worth living] and tranquility [inward and outward and continuing through old age till death], these shall they add to you.  Let not mercy and kindness [shutting out all hatred and selfishness] and truth [shutting out all deliberate hypocrisy or falsehood] forsake you; bind them about your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart.   So shall you find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgment] of God and man.  Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.  In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

I feel my struggle is I'm needing to lean more on God. I'm a super independent person, and have had to be to some extent. I'm not sure what specifically what God is wanting  me to trust Him more with. Or where I need to lean more on Him. But I do know that things are going to get shook up a bit in my life.

Please pray for me. Pray I recognize and acknowledge Him in everything so I can see the straight and plain path God is laying before me. I am a firm believer that what does not kill us, makes us stronger. I know God allows storms and trials to strengthen our faith.

And I think this may be another instance of faith in 2012.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...