Friday, December 30, 2011

Word for 2012

Jill posted earlier in the week One Word ~ A Different Kind of Resolution, Sarah too also posted about One Word for 2012 on her blog, and quite a few others, and it really got me thinking. Last year I picked a word, but never really stuck with it. It was the first time I'd heard of choosing a word, so I jumped on the band wagon, but then left it behind.

My 2011 word was boldness. And while I may not have prayerfully pursed my word, looking back, that really was my word for the year. I did have some stepping out and up moments, where I had to learn to have boldness in Christ and who He has created me to be, and do.

This year I would like to prayerfully purse my word for 2012. And as I have been praying about my work, faith keeps coming up. While at first thought it seemed almost too simple of a word to choose, God has already started to show me how important a role faith is! That is beyond my current knowledge and experience of faith.

Hebrews 11:1 says "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."

As 2011 is nearing the end, I'm beginning to taste a bit of what God is doing when I walk in faith, and I'm excited to see what more God has in store for 2012.

So my 2012 word is...




Do you have a word for 2012? Have you ever choose to have one word for the new year instead of a list of resolutions? Want to read more about One Word, you can read more here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...