Friday, December 30, 2011

Faith

"Byf faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from what can be seen."  Hebrews 11:3

As God gave me the word faith, and the then the definition as defined in the first part of Hebrews 11, the rest of the chapter has been playing through my mind.

And as I read, and asked God, what are you trying to show me, four words stuck out. By faith faith we understand. And before you think I'm one that takes bits and pieces of scripture and pulls them apart, I just want to say I'm not. And if you go on to read (I continued to), you see that to be the shortened theme of basically the whole chapter.

And while I know that Hebrews 11 is called the faith chapter, I didn't realized that a better summerization could be,  "By faith we understand" all these things. We understand what these men went through. We understand why often times they seemed almost as fools. We understand through these men who God is, and start to see the greater plan of what God has in store for us.

I'm so encouraged as I read other posts about their One Word statement, and excited to see how God teaches not only me, but so many others who are praying and seeking God's face.

2012 here comes revolution of seekers desiring more!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...