Monday, November 14, 2011

Four Months

Well, I had no mail from any of my Compassion International kids this past week, so I won't be doing mail call Monday today. Though Saturday I did receive in the mail from Compassion the formal letter telling me that Shoa's financial sponsor dropped the sponsorship and that I have until the 7th of December to let them know if I would like to pick up the financial sponsorship myself.

While on the phone last week, I thought no way would I be able to keep this relationship with this sweet teenager, I did tell them I would call back later with a decision. Then as I posted here about the saga, hope started to grow. I wasn't sure even after reading the encouraging comments, that this was exactly going to work out. Honestly I'm struggling a bit now, with not very many hours at work. It's been a bit of a battle, but as I prayed about it, I really felt this was what God wanted.

Then He gave me this...



Four Months.



I'm not really sure what it means. There could be several possibilities. Like in four months I'll have a better job. Or God will provide four months of sponsorship, then enable me to do more. Or God has more in store in four months for Shoa.

At this point I really don't know, but I did hear four months. And the next night when I thought I wasn't sure, I heard four months again.

So as of yesterday, I did post that I was opening up Shoa's sponsorship as a group effort. I've also created a tab at the top of the blog, marked 'Group Sponsorship' with a few more thoughts about it, and a way to donate.

**Edit: Make sure any gift sent using the ChipIn widget via PayPal are marked as gifts so PayPal doesn't take fees out :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...