Well, I had no mail from any of my Compassion International kids this past week, so I won't be doing mail call Monday today. Though Saturday I did receive in the mail from Compassion the formal letter telling me that Shoa's financial sponsor dropped the sponsorship and that I have until the 7th of December to let them know if I would like to pick up the financial sponsorship myself.
While on the phone last week, I thought no way would I be able to keep this relationship with this sweet teenager, I did tell them I would call back later with a decision. Then as I posted here about the saga, hope started to grow. I wasn't sure even after reading the encouraging comments, that this was exactly going to work out. Honestly I'm struggling a bit now, with not very many hours at work. It's been a bit of a battle, but as I prayed about it, I really felt this was what God wanted.
Then He gave me this...
I'm not really sure what it means. There could be several possibilities. Like in four months I'll have a better job. Or God will provide four months of sponsorship, then enable me to do more. Or God has more in store in four months for Shoa.
At this point I really don't know, but I did hear four months. And the next night when I thought I wasn't sure, I heard four months again.
So as of yesterday, I did post that I was opening up Shoa's sponsorship as a group effort. I've also created a tab at the top of the blog, marked 'Group Sponsorship' with a few more thoughts about it, and a way to donate.
**Edit: Make sure any gift sent using the ChipIn widget via PayPal are marked as gifts so PayPal doesn't take fees out :)