Friday, October 21, 2011

Photo Updates

I don't have much time before I head to work, but I really wanted to share some updated photos of my Compassion International kids. Two in one week was a nice surprise, and it hadn't even hit the 2 year mark, so earlier is even better. I'll show you before and after.

This is 14 year old Mwandaidi from Tanzania. I correspond with her on behalf of an elderly friend of mine. She was her 3rd sponsorship, and while she loves corresponding with her kids, at her age she didn't think she could take on a 3rd child, but she fell in love with her, and so I told her I could correspond on her behalf and share all her letters and photos, so she could still be part of her life :)

March 2010

October 2011


Then I received an updated photo for 11 year old Erick in Bolivia. He is a newer addition to my Compassion family as of the beginning of the summer. I think he is just a darling young man!

March 2010

October 2011

Despite the fact that I would love to see smiles, I know a lot of things play into updating or taking a photo. Michelle over at Blogging from the Boonies wrote an excellent post on that here. But I do see hope in their faces. And Hope makes all the difference.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...