Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Little Samuel

It's been a while since I've taken up the challenge of trying to match a precious little child with a sponsor. Or rather one specific child, who's packet I held. While some of my attempts are successful, others have not been. At times I've felt as if I let the child down because I wasn't able to match them with their sponsor. But I know God has a plan for each child's life; for each one of us for that matter. And every packet that passes through my hands, I will not know that child's sponsor.

So as an advocate with Compassion, I've decided to take up the challenge again.

Sweet little Samuel, is looking for a sponsor.


Horacio Samuel Ruiz Hernandez (he goes by Samuel) turns 4 years old on August 31st. Such a big name, for such a small boy. He is from Zacapa, Guatemala, and lives with bother his mom and dad, and 3 siblings.

Samuel enjoys soccer, cars and marbles, and is still too young for school.

As I read more about Samuel's community I was a bit intrigued. The average monthly income is $106 for those lucky enough to be employed on the plantations in the area. His community needs literacy programs, vocational training, employment opportunities and drug and alcohol abuse prevention programs.

Then I read a bit further as to what Samuel's project offers, and in addition to Bible training, medical check ups, hygiene education, school supplies and uniforms, it mentions literacy programs available for non-schooled children. This project is truly striving to put an end to poverty, beyond just the basics. This church partner knows the community, is educating it's children, so they can make a difference.

The cost of sponsorship through Compassion is $38 a month. Which connects your child with a project through a local church which provides food and clean water, medical care, educational opportunities, important life-skills training, and most important of all, your sponsored child will hear about Jesus Christ and be encouraged to develop a lifelong relationship with God.

I will also include a correspondence kit, to help get the conversation started between you and this precious little boy. Questions, or interested in sponsoring? Comment here, or you can email me at: kute_queen@hotmail.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...