Thursday, January 26, 2012

Meet My Child-Tekalign


Today I would like to introduce you to another of my Compassion International kids. His name is Tekalign, he is 7 years old and live in the country of Ethiopia.


I have to be honest, I really don't know too much about this little man. I think of all my kids he's probably the one I know the least about. I've been corresponding with this young man for about 9 months. and while i know they are in the process of revamping the letter writing process, as of now I haven't heard very frequently with him.

But this is what I know. He enjoys spending time helping his mom. He has 3 siblings, but I'm not entirely sure if they are brothers or sisters. He recelty lost his father, I'm not sure the circumstances, but I do feel a bit closer to him knowing her cared enough to share this information with me. He lives in a village and my guess is he is a complete Tom boy, as I've noticed from his previous and current photo he appears to have been playing in the dirt. A boy after my own heart.

And even though I don't know him well yet, I do look forward to the time ahead of us, and his coming letters. And I pray he grows up to be a man after God's own heart.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...